Thursday, November 20, 2008

25 Days to Go

There are only 25 days till I go home for Christmas. It seems crazy. I still have a lot to do before then. This past little while has been full of lectures, outreaches, and trying to finish my homework on time. I still have a lot of reading to do before its due but I'll get it done or way or another. I booked my train ticket to the airport for when I leave, so I am all set to go. Its very exciting knowing ill be seeing a lot of people in less than a month but at the same time crazy. I went Christmas shopping although I didn't get very much. I still have another month, but I know that will be gone before I know it. Although going home is very exciting i have a lot to finish before then. A lot of reading! 
This past Friday I went with my outreach to a youth group so we make a program for it. We did a lot of games, one of the girls did a devotion, we did worship, then we just had fika (food/snack) with the youth and just hung out with them. It was a lot of fun. Some of them go to the school we were at a couple 
weeks ago so I recognized them and that was very cool. Its nice knowing Swedish people around here. Makes it feel more homey. In February we have a week of outreach where we go somewhere else so there are a few different places you can go. So we will have to decide where we want to go for that and start to raise money for it. That will be fun. This place is a second home for me, since I've been here for so long. It will be weird going home but I still cant wait to. I miss everybody a lot. 
We got snow here finally...but its not very much at all. But it's nice cause it feels more like winter then and more like Christmas. 
We are also in the midst of practicing for our Chri
stmas concert. Its fun and going really well. We are doing one main piece, then we have two other worship songs that we are changing up a bit. In the two worship songs they're are duets for verses, done by students, and then the choir singings the chorus. Its going really well. We have only started two songs though...and the concert is in two weeks! Its crunch time. Lots to do and not a whole lot of time to make sure they get done.

No comments: