Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Starting Again

Well, I haven't posted anything in a very long time so I decided to start making this more about me than my travels and such. I have posted on tumblr for a while but that didn't really stick so I'm back on here.

A lot has happened recently. Last September I got engaged to my boyfriend of 4 years and we got married this past May :). I was very excited for this and although I didn't expect it, it still turned out awesomely.

I have also gotten back into photography. While I was in Sweden I would very often explore the woods and paths by the school and take pictures and I miss doing that. So I got myself my first Digital SLR camera, a Nikon D5100. I have been learning how to use it properly and how to take awesome pictures since I really don't know anything about lighting or composition so I have a LOT to learn yet, but it'll get there. I hope to post pictures of landscapes I've taken and other things happening.

Here's some of the pictures I've taken recently:



The top two are the countryside of Niagara-On-The-Lake


This was taken while driving over a bridge in Welland Ontario. We drove over it many times and one time I finally decided to take some pictures of it.

Below are pictures of the Canal Days Festival which happens every year in Port Colborne Ontario during the August long weekend.

Top: One of the boats in the boat light show that happens right before fireworks.
Bottom: The Empire Sandy that comes every year for cruises you can take. Has canons on it that use to scare people (not actual canon ball just the noise of it)


Below: Some of the fireworks. Port Colborne always puts on the most amazing fireworks show and this year didn't disappoint.




Below: During the Canal Days the street that parallels the canal (where ships go through) is shut down to cars and vendors line the street, these are some pictures of that street during the evening.




This is a picture of our dog Sheba that I took while watching the sunset over Lake Ontario.


A picture taken in the backyard of my in-laws. One of my first pictures with my DSLR camera.


I'm still working on taking pictures and editing them (takes me a very long time to do) so I hope to post more pictures soon.

No comments: